PRIVILEGED. I HAVE COME A LONG WAY



I was born in the most unconventional times in the most humble Places a person can be born in Africa. Ekpe-Aggah is a Farm Village inside Aggah town. 

It had the Complete Hallmarks of a full fledged Africa village setting.

Source of water was only Stream and rain water. Source of cooking fuel firewood. No trace of electricity or its precursor, electric poles. Houses were mud. A block house miracle.

Occupation was Farming, ( yam, cassava, corn, especially) fishing, hunting, Palm wine tapping (Ngor)  Palm tree climbing (Ete). Mostly on a subsistent Bases. Buying and selling.

Side hustle.Hustle for Children like us involved: Palm kernel Cracking for sales. Broom making, Rabbit and Bush rat traps (Igbudu). Bird hunting with traps (Onya Asha) and Catapults. Primitive forms of fishing hunting and farming of different crops.

Plays for us involved moon light plays in sand. Counter ball with coke bottle covers, Rubber Tree seeds (Akuru).

Swimming in the river, tree climbing competitions. BuildingTree Houses in bushes with palm fronds and sand as tiles.

Our toys were Bicycle tires and wheels, toy cars we constructed from wood, using slippers as tyres. To mention but a few.

Those things Epic nollywood movies are struggling to capture. I've been there, done that.

I did experience every single part of the village life. That's where I am coming from.

We were privileged to have 1 community primary school where every child in the community must attend. That is where i started my Destiny journey. And here I am today.

Our teachers, "Godbless their souls" did their best. I remember i didn't know how to read until primary 6 when my Dad took it upon himself to teach me.

 I remember being 1 of the worst English users in my class when I entered a proper Secondary school. (My classmates still remember my exploits in English. Lol)

My transition from that boy in the village who had little chances  to this Doctor attending to patients from all walks of life in the 2nd biggest hospital in Rivers State. Saving lives, Assisting renowned  surgeons in Major operations.

This Business Coach: Helping people generate and refine business ideas, Start and develop profitable business models, and position them for greater profitability.

This Speaker: Talking to Thousands about Christ, about Business, about Their Health, about wealth about my Journey. About their lives purposes and pursuits.

And this writer with hundreds of people  awaiting his next article. (Dr Obed am waiting for your next article). you are reading his work right now. Awaiting my first Breathtaking book "Maximum Life Productivity"  coming in October.

Haven't I come a long way? And trust me. Am rooting for the Top. The world hasn't had my name yet.

But you know what more? You too can Rise. You can surpass my little Exploits even if your story is worse than mine.
Buried in your spirit is the ability to surmount every Obstacle you can encounter on your way to the top.

Let's Reach for the Top together and leave a legacy for those coming Behind.

We Have been raised. Let's raise others. Privileged.

© Adiemea Obed
Doctor, Business idea and development consultant, Speaker, youth Enthusiast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PURSUING ALL ROUND SUCCESS

STUDENTS, FACE YOUR BOOKS, READ!

25 EXCUSES OF THE POOR YOU MUST AVOID.

5 Courses that prepare you to work anywhere

POWERFUL REASONS YOU SHOULD SAVE MONEY AS A STUDENT